Monday, June 10, 2013

My Music Story

I love music. I love rhythms. I love to sing, dance, I love to play the musical instruments, and I also love to watch people of same passion as me play, sing, or perform. I love composing songs too but I'm not that good in words and languages, so most of my own songs remained as melodies. Anyone wanna fill in? Haha!

When I'm young, I'll get easily astound at people who play the piano 'cause I think it's just so beautiful and surreal. I remember I'll touch the piano every time I had the chance no matter it's in the mall or in people's home. I wanted to have piano lessons so badly but it would be a burden to my family at that time as it's not cheap! I did not have the chance so easily like every other kids.


At the age of 12, I joined a church where I started to get to know more about Jesus, God and so many other things which kinda shocked me like when the people speak in toungue or fall on floor! I thought they're dying or something lol, okay I'm just 12 at that time so yea. So I know how some of you feel when you saw some Christians acting weirdly.

Although I feel strange and sometimes afraid of the people there at that time, I didn't reject everything so quickly but I chose to take time to understand what's all that is. At the mean time, I saw so many people turn back, or being so defensive over Christianity. I really must thank God that He didn't gave up on me cause I almost want to walk away from God as I feel it's weird weird weird lol I don't know which other word to use. Isn't that how you feel too when you went to a strange place where people do what you don't usually do? I understand okay! But hey, don't push it away too fast, keep calm and take your time. We will never understand God's plan for us cause we're humans. But things just happened so miraculously if you let go and let God

I'm glad I stayed. If it isn't for that, I wouldn't be able to play music by ear now. I Thank God for this wonderful talent I have in me, which I never took it for granted at all. You know how churches usually have bands (worship team) right? I don't really understand what they're singing cause it's all in Chinese (ya I'm a banana)! But like I said, I love music and rhythms so I enjoyed it too. 

Not long after, the pastor's wife asked me if I wanna be the pianist to be a part of the band. She's willing give me piano lessons for free. What? Of course I WANT ! Isn't this a miracle? You might think it's just coincidental but for me, I can feel so strongly that it's God's plan. I started off with owning a small keyboard just for practice and then after a few months I got my piano from my parents ! Haha so happy.


I picked up piano in less than a year at the same year, with the ability to play by ear and compose my own songs, thanks to also the friends in the band cause we play almost every week together so we learn lots of things, as you know, playing piano alone is different from playing in a band cause it's all about coordination and sometimes the chemistry with the people. Of course, the way I learn it is different from ABRSMs.

Music became a very strong factor in the relationship between me and God. I know the best gift I can give to God is to use the talent that He gave me to serve Him. I started leading worship teams - I can get really nervous singing in front of lots of people compared to playing piano in front of lots of people. Haha! But my friends always tell me, "You're singing for GOD, not to the people, so don't be afraid!" and that's very true yo. 

I'm enjoy worship moments more compared to preaching moment in church cause sometimes I feel the preaching can get abit boring omg no offense! lol. So yea, at the age of 16, I became the wise president of youth council in my church, and get actively involved in almost everything I can do in the church. I just wanna be a servant of God! Sometimes, there will be shows (concerts) from worship teams that came from different countries. At that time, I always dream that one day I'll be going around the world as a part of a worship team to spread this wonderful Godly love to the people all around !

Of course, as I'm growing up, one day, I stopped playing in that church because I have to change to go to another church where my family goes to. I got really busy with my own school work and decided to pause servings. What the heck ? I'm so regret! I play the piano too in the kids section at the new church but because of transport and other issues I have to stop it too. I was around 18 years old at that time. Time passes so quickly!

Then I got really active in the blogging community and get to know lots of bloggers, djs, emcees, and you name it, as social media is really wide ! I've also attended countless events and get to know more and more and more bands, and one thing I realized,  most of the aspiring band musicians are born in church. God is so good! Music never died in me even though things changed. I love music festivals, concerts, gigs, rave parties, and thank God my boyfie also love music, he always bring me to listen to musicals, jazz music, orchestra and etc although I feel like falling asleep to some of them. wtf

I'm just acting with boyfie's guitar! I really wanna learn guitar now though.

Today, I have a band(Juliets of Eden) made up of friends I know mostly through the social media. They're really awesome and sweet, oh yea, we're all-girls band! Can't wait to jam with them again. Also, as 2013 is approaching, I made a promise to myself that I must play in the church again very soon ! I just miss it so much! I don't wanna waste another year again, and I want my music story to continue, and so this blogpost is to remind myself to stay focus in the path of God cause His plan in me has no ending


Merry Christmas ! - My favourite season of the year because I can have lots of pressie lololololo, and also I want you to know that Jesus was born on this very day for you and me.

xx

Older recorded Youtube videos if you wanna watch!

Year 2010 : 
Can you spot the other two hands? Haha! Double player, with my highschool friend.


Did you watch this movie series? Played with my friend singing.


Year 2012 :










thumbnail
Title: My Music Story
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Writer

Artikel Terkait collection, God, happyeeing, HeartyThoughts, love, music, orchestral, precious/memorable, rant, sharing is caring, story :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz